About the Role
J.P. Mariwell Inc is a privately owned, and operated cannabis processing Wheatley . We are a young, energetic, and dynamic start-up looking to add another key member to our growing team. We are looking to hire a Part time Quality Assurance Person, who will be responsible for all aspects of the quality program for Mariwell
The Quality Assurance Person will maintain and monitor Quality Management Systems and coordinate with production to ensure processing and products are up to health Canada quality standards. Qualified candidates will be representing the company’s Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) Department in all reporting in relation to Health Canada
*Note: MUST have previous Cannabis Industry QA Experience** Responsibilities:
• Assist in managing, developing, reviewing, and maintaining SOPs & Quality Management Programs and projects to ensure compliance under the Cannabis Act/Regulations.
Work cross-departmentally to implement & maintain SOPs (i.e. Operations, Regulatory, Security);
• Maintain current knowledge of best practices for the provisions of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations that apply to the license holder. Qualifications:
• Establish and enforce quality assurance standards, providing technical and regulatory input for growing, packaging, and production. • Ensure compliance with Health Canada’s QA guidelines pertaining to business, production, facility, security, storage, packaging, labeling, import/export, and distribution for the Cannabis program.
• Ensure that destruction of refused and or waste products are managed and destroyed as per current approved SOPs in line with regulations.
• Coordinate all key product quality issues such as complaint handling, recall coordination, investigations on deviations/failures, and implementing corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) to close out quality and security gaps.
• Review status of process materials and ensure proper control, release, and transfer of materials for production and sale through proper documentation and/or ERP System. • Ensure Corrective Action and Preventative Action (CAPA) investigations are conducted appropriately and closed in a timely manner.
• Coordinate external testing of materials/products.
• Act as the key point of contact for Health Agency auditors with inventory, sales, and compliance audits. • Oversee an effective sanitation program to ensure production, packaging, labeling, and storage activities are conducted under sanitary conditions.
• Create and maintain all technical documents pertaining to standard operating procedures.
• Write, review and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). • Train staff in SOPs to ensure the correct implementation in operations and regulatory compliance.
• Review testing raw data, analytical reports, and Certificate of Analysis (CoA) of each product batch before its release for sale. • Plan, conduct, and manage the activities to ensure compliance with internal and external standards and requirements
Task and requirements of the job:
•Assist and maintain the health of plants in all stages of growth including curation vegetation and flowering in the cultivation facility.
•Perform the daily scheduled activities in given grow areas to meet daily productivity goals.
•Ability to follow directions, perform duties with a positive attitude, take feedback and learn new tasks.
•Accurately follow plant inventory tracking procedures
•Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
•Previous experience in a grow facility or similar agricultural field preferred but not required.
•Excellent communication and people skills.
•Must have reliable transportation.
•Effective oral communications skills.
•Ability to adapt to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
•Must be able to maintain and performance of manual labor tasks which also require attention to detail to maintain product quality, efficient operations
•Ability to work outdoors with varied weather conditions.
•Ability to work in crouched or uncomfortable positions including repetitive motions for extended periods of time.
•Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE.
•Packaging: sort and package – attention to detail and ability to use scale